Awach Sub County Chairperson Elect Died of Respiratory Complication, Says Police

A postmortem conducted by police surgeon indicates that the Local Council Three Chairperson Elect for Awach Sub County in Gulu District died of respiratory complications.

Fred Oteka died on Monday evening at around 8PM from Awach Health Centre IV, hours after he felt sick.

His sudden death raised suspicion that he could have been poisoned.

Reports say Oteka attended a school management meeting and later went to a pork roasting joint where he was served a plate of pork.

A police postmortem report however indicates that Oteka lungs were damaged, resulting into congested chest and difficulties in breathing.

Police categorized his death as natural.  The case has been registered with police in Gulu under  file number DEF 10/2021.